Prism is committed to respecting your privacy and to complying with applicable data protection and privacy laws. This Data Privacy Statement is provided to help you understand how we may collect, use, protect, and otherwise deal with your personal information.
You acknowledge that by providing your personal information to Prism, you consent to the processing of your data in accordance with this Data Privacy Statement.
a. It should be read together with Terms and Conditions of use for our Services including websites, apps and our products and services.
Information that we collect
We collect all information that you provide when using our Services. For example, if you fill in a form, we will collect the information you provide in the form that you submit to us.
We also collect information on how you use our Services.
We may receive information about you from companies that we own in accordance with the terms and conditions that those companies have with you.
We collect information from other people who may submit information about you. For example, our customer may send you a message, in which case, we collect your mobile phone number.
If you use our Services to buy other Services from us or third parties, we may collect your payment information. For example, you may use your card on our website or app to pay for goods and services you buy form us.
Examples of information that we collect
Depending on the Services you wish to receive from us, we may collect the following once you submit the same to us:
Contact information (such as name, address, email address and telephone number)
· identification information (such as passport identification number, tax registration number or social security number, driver’s license, date of birth)
· demographic information (such as age range, marital status, gender)
· photographs such as those that you may submit for contests or prize winning competitions
· product specific information (such as preference, closed user group (CUGs), friends and family who you chose to include in your service plan, credit limit)
· banking information (such as direct debit and related bill payment banking transactions)
· service account information (such as call usage, account balances, transaction history, credit information, billing, loyalty points)
Where and when we collect this information
We typically collect information when you use your devices to access our Services including when:
· You use the wide range of products and services that are offered or for which you may choose to opt-in;
· Make customer enquiries, register for information or other services;
· Respond to communications from us (such as SMS, emails, questionnaires or surveys);
· Interact with Prism’s websites such as submitting an application form, completing survey form, using online services. (If your browser has Internet cookies enabled it can facilitate Prism’s tracking of personal preferences, pages visited etc.);
· Participate on Prism’s social media pages such as Facebook;
· Participate in Prism’s promotional events, incentive or loyalty programs;
· Provide information through Prism’s customer call centers, dealers and sales channels or any other affiliates or business dealings with Prism by which you have consented to provide your personal information.
Prism may from time to time offer and request your participation in various mobile applications to enhance user experience. If you chose to register for an application, we may obtain information about you and/or your mobile device. Prism will use the information collected in accordance with this Privacy Statement. You may stop the collection of your personal information at any time by uninstalling the relevant applications for which you have registered or contact us and make a request to opt-out.
Prism may also offer applications developed by third parties to enrich your experience. When you download a third party application to your mobile device, the third party affiliate may collect information about you in connection with your download or use of that application. Prism is not responsible for the collection or use of information by third party application. Prism recommend that you carefully review the privacy statement of each third party application prior to downloading or using them.
How we use the Information
The information collected by Prism will be used in support of the intended purposes stated at the time at which it was collected, and subject to any preferences indicated by you. We may otherwise use your information to assist with service related issues, technical support, billing purposes, to enhance your customer service experience by providing you with specific products and services tailored to meet your needs, for general marketing campaigns, network protection, legal and regulatory compliance.
Prism does not sell, trade, transfer or otherwise share your information except in the following instances:
· as required by law, such as in conjunction with a subpoena, government inquiry, litigation, dispute resolution or similar legal process;
· when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your security, investigate fraud or respond to a law enforcement request;
· with Prism service providers, and contracted third parties who work on our behalf and who do not have an independent right to use the information to which they have access or that we disclose to them. Prism ensures that all these third parties have signed contracts that include confidentiality and data protections clauses;
· with our business partners for Prism ’s marketing activities, in such case no specific personally identifiable information is provided, as such information is generally aggregated;
· with third parties for research and development purposes in such case no specific personally identifiable information is provided;
· with our subsidiaries and affiliates within the wider Digicel group of companies;
We may share and transfer your information to our vendors, partners, suppliers (altogether “our service providers” across the world. These service providers who have signed contracts with us provide a strict duty to keep all personal information confidential and to use it only for the purpose for which we have contracted them in an accordance with strict policies consistent with our commitment to keep your information confidential and secure.
Data Transfers and Storage
We may have to transfer data to jurisdictions outside of the justification where we collect such information. In these circumstances, Prism will ensure secure data transfers using secure technologies and practices to secure data from unauthorized access or interception.Where such transfer is to a non-Prism company, we shall ensure that we have signed contracts containing the relevant protective clauses.
The above notwithstanding, please be aware that communications over the public Internet, such as emails/webmails, facsimile, are not secure unless they have been encrypted. Your communications may route through a number of countries before being delivered - this is the nature of the World Wide Web/Intranet. Prism cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.
Prism retains data for the specific period of time required, however certain data can be retained for longer periods as required by the laws of the territory within which the specific service is operated.
We are concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your information. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect information we process and maintain. For example, we limit access to this information to authorized employees and contractors who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. We also engage well-known technologies including but not limited to firewalls, intrusion detection, SSL (Secure Sockets Layer), routine network vulnerability assessment and 24 x 7 monitoring of its network. Please be aware that although we endeavor to provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
Prism websites use common Internet technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to keep track of user interaction with the sites, to remember user preferences and to maximize the user experience and performance of the website and services. For example, using cookies on our websites provides benefits to you, such as allowing you to auto-fill fields on forms, provide details of last time you login online. You can disable the cookie and the information will not be collected. Please refer to your browser Help instructions to learn more about cookies and how to manage their use. If you choose to decline cookies, some of the functionality of a website may be impaired.
Consent and Withdrawal of your consent
Privacy Support & Inquiries
If you have concerns or questions regarding this Privacy Statement or if you wish to update your personal information or stop the collection of your personal information, please contact us at the following:
Date of Last Revision: May 2018
Changes to Privacy Statement